Angela Galer-Grist CFP, CPCA.
Certified Financial Planner, Associate Portfolio Manager and Investment Advisor.
Angela is a reputable Investment Advisor for BMO Nesbitt Burns, a leading investment company in Canada. She is trusted by clients for planning customized investment portfolios that grow profitably in any market.
Angela has more than 15 years of experience working in the finance industry and has held positions as an Investment Banker and as a Wealth Strategist. Her experience, which is impressive, is matched by her knowledge, her relationships and her proven record of success. These skills are what have seen her manage many 3-million dollar plus portfolios.
Angela works to give every client the highest level of service. Every portfolio that she works on is handled with strategic care and a good deal of thought so that they generate the best results. She is quickly becoming one the most sought-after advisor for high-profile clients, high-net-worth individuals, female entrepreneurs, and for small businesses.
According to Angela, she believes in taking a holistic approach to managing financial planning. Her past experiences have given her the know-how to create a team of individuals that work for clients in a dedicated fashion. When each client has an accountant, an advisor, and an estate lawyer, they are assured of having a complete approach to their investments, estate plans, and insurance choices.
She has a passion for the financial industry which shows in the degrees she holds. She has a business degree from the University of Toronto and has all the academic requirements to be a Certified Financial Planner® or a CFP.® Angela also has the designations of a Financial Management Advisor and a Certified Professional Consultant on Aging (a CPCA)®. She is also a Life Insurance Advisor and offers insurance consulting to her clients.
Angela can place discretionary trades as an Associate Portfolio Manager. This provides individualized and sophisticated wealth management for clients. She also gives seminars and workshops on Estate Planning, ETF’s, Investments and Tax Planning within her community.
Top 10 Reasons, clients choose Angela
1. Excellent high touch service – phone calls and emails are returned promptly and my clients are proactively contacted on a regular basis.
2. Custom solutions – each of my clients are unique and deserve personal attention to their financial situation. I provide independent advice and discretionary money management with access to a broad suite of products including stocks, bonds, exchange traded funds, proprietary and third party managers who outperform their relative index.
3. Team oriented – I will work and communicate with your other professionals, CPA and Estate Lawyers to ensure all tax strategies and estate planning opportunities are considered and implemented.
4. Results – I specialize in structuring custom, well diversified investment portfolios using all available product lines. This includes direct dividend paying stocks, low cost exchange traded funds and active managers who outperform their relative index. I am brand agnostic and use best in class for my client`s portfolios. Industry leading Canadian equity research team. BMO Nesbitt Burns is consistently recognized as a leading Canadian and Global money manager.
5. Manager selection – at BMO Nesbitt Burns, we have relationships with the top portfolio managers in the world and I
consistently share the best investment ideas with my clients.
6. Flexible location – I have direct access to our research analysts, managed assets group, traders, new products and solutions coming to market so that I am able to deliver market leading information, ideas and solutions for my clients. I live in Oakville and have the ability to service clients anywhere in the GTA. I am also licensed to service clients in several Canadian provinces.
7. Entrepreneurial expertise – first hand experience with small business owners and their many unique challenges since I am married to one!
8. Financial planning expertise and first hand experience with prioritizing personal finances by reducing debt, saving for retirement, saving for children’s education all at the same time!
9. Tax management features – automatic tax-loss harvesting, minimization of superficial losses, and potential tax deductible fee for non-registered accounts.
10. Values and philosophy. I believe in giving back to my community and am actively involved with numerous charities.
Angela is a member of Burlington & Oakville Chambers of Commerce and the Professional Advisors Committee as well as the Estate Planners of Halton. She is a former member of the Board of Directors for Oakville’s Community Foundation.